After completing Swim Mastery Levels 1&2, many swimmers elect to continue on. They enjoy the essence of “Pursuing Mastery”: Relentlessly challenging their perceptive abilities to continuously improve. There is no finish line, no fixation on goals. Instead, kaizen swimmers focus on crafting each stroke, just as an accomplished painter or musician patiently crafts each brush stroke, or each note.
Our focus continues to be efficient technique through highly perceptive kinetic intelligence.
We may focus on any aspect of technique – from the fundamental hydrodynamic vessel, to the more illusive Grip and Press. We also swim a variety of sets and tasks using perception, stroke length, cadence and distance and the parameters.
Tuesday Middays 11 – 12:30: (Drop-in only: $22 IHF Members, $25 Non)
Wednesday Evenings One-Hour “Strokes” 7:00 – 8:00: (Drop-in only: $18 IHF Members, $20 Non) A different focus each week:
- 25 April: Freestyle Sustainability
- 02 May: Freestyle Speed Skills
- 09 May: Flip Turns Clinic
- 16 May: Freestyle Pacing and Sustainability
- 23 May: Freestyle Speed Skills
- 30 May: Backstroke Clinic
- 06 June: Freestyle Pacing for Sustainability
- 13 June: “Short-Axis Strokes” Intro Clinic (Foundation for Breaststroke and Butterfly)
- 20 June: Flip Turns Intro Clinic
- 27 June: Pool closed for maintenance (Join us for Cycling Lab Hill Climbing Clinic 5:30-7 PM)
- 04 July: Independence Day
- 11 July: No Session
- 18 July Breaststroke Intro Clinic
- 25 July: Freestyle Pacing for Sustainability (Prep for Tri or for Women Swimmin’)