“If you are depressed, you are living in the past.
If you are anxious, you are living in the future.
If you are at peace, you are living in the present.” – Lao Tzu (circa. 510 B.C.)
Physical exercise and endurance training are sensory immersive experiences. Beyond maintaining physical health, consistent and mindful exercise is a very effective path to harmony, ease and peace for our lives.
Exercise and training encourage us to Be Here Now.
When you are in the present, you are at peace.
Four-Session Course Begins Sunday, 04 February
- Meets: Sundays Noon – 2:00 PM (No class 18 Feb)
- To register: Island Health and Fitness Front Desk: 607.277.3861
- Hack your performance potential… at any age.
Make 2018 Your Year for Mastery
As you exercise and train, do more than “hit the numbers”: You have the opportunity to develop and exercise your most promising and infinite resource as a human being. This resource is free and inalienable for all. Use this resource to heal and empower yourself, in sport and in life.
Finesse is stronger than force. – Zenman
Join us for a free Introduction to Kaizen-durance
- Sunday, 21 January at Noon
- Thursday, 01 February at 7 PM.
Island Health and Fitness, Ithaca, NY
What will Shane “Zenman” Eversfield cover at the Free Intro?
- How to expand aerobic training to include mindfulness training
- Specific mindfulness skills we can train and develop as we exercise
- The Fitness Cycle
- How to maximize return on your aerobic investment – for a life time
- The physiology of Kaizen-durance, and how it can help you to hack your performance potential
“Shane Eversfield, I love this kaizen mindset!”
– Wayne Kurtz, Triple-Deca Iron Triathlon Finisher (30 Ironmans in 30 days)
Kaizen Skills Lab: Fitness for Life – Course Info:
Hack Your Performance Potential at Any Age
Kaizen Skills Lab, An Introductory Four-Session Course:
A cutting-edge, breakthrough course for athletes and exercisers of all levels.
- Four 2-hour sessions (Noon – 2:00 PM)
- First hour: Functional Strength Lab
- Second Hour: Mindfulness Skills Lab
Offered exclusively through Island Health and Fitness by Shane Eversfield
“Shane Eversfield, I love this kaizen mindset!” – Wayne Kurtz, Triple-Deca Iron Triathlon Finisher (That’s 30 Ironmans in 30 consecutive days)
2018 is your year for fitness mastery:
- Be alert, inspired, engaged in every moment
- Go faster and farther
- Use less energy
- Recover faster
- Reduce injury, burnout and boredom
- How; In person at the Front Desk or by phone: 607.277.3861
- Fee: $140 IHF and Ithaca Tri Club members, $160 non
- Dates: February 04, 11, 25; March 04
Why functional strength?
Neuromuscular recruitment: Increased strength through higher activation of the muscle you already have. No need to bulk up. Lean out and maximize the function of what you already have.
Mobility: The ideal combination of flexibility (range of motion) and stability (alignment and control). Mobility is essential for PAGES technique: Precise, Aligned, Graceful, Efficient, Seamless technique
A highly functional and alert mind is essential for effective training and peak performance. With a kaizen mind, you get more out of every training session. You get brilliance.
Carry this into every area of your life – including your relationships and family, and your occupation – as well as sports. Experience and share brilliance – every day, all day.
Shane “Zenman” Eversfield, Founder and C.E.W.* of Kaizen-durance® has identified, investigated and extensively “field-tested” these kaizen skills – as an ultra endurance athlete, as an athletic educator and as a functional, engaged human being.
(* Chief Endurance Whisperer)
Zenman has taught thousands of clinics, and trained coaches in the US, Europe and Asia. As a kaizen athlete, he has completed several ultra endurance events including double and triple irons and 100-mile runs. In 2016, he completed the Kaizen-durance 500 “Moving Beyond A.L.S.”:
- 12-Mile Swim
- 400-Mile Bike
- 88-Mile Run
- 99 hours
- $9000 raised for ALS Foundation